Saturday, November 7, 2009
The Seastar is all-composite 12-seat, 10,000 pounds amphibious flying boat. It is LBA and FAA certified to FAR Part 23 amendment 34.
More information at: http://www.dornierseaplane.com/
Includes: Wi-Fi access point, Forte AirMail Iridium transceiver, Iridium antenna
The suit, filed by attorney Gregory Chase of Albuquerque's Shapiro Bettinger Chase LLP, alleges that this resulted from the defendants being involved in "negligent representation, negligent failure to oversee and control, constructive fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, civil conspiracy and violations of the New Mexico Unfair Practices Act".
The $75-million D & O insurance policy is a main target of the lawsuit, according to one of the plaintiffs and one of the defendants. But, individual defendants also could be held liable for additional damages. It is likely that the plaintiffs will seek both compensation for actual loss of their cash deposits for new Eclipse 500 aircraft that were never delivered, as well as punitive damages against the defendants.
One plaintiff told Aviation Week that Chase will collect at least one-quarter of any settlement or court judgment. However, Hub International, the lead insurer for Eclipse Aviation before its insolvency, and other high net-worth defendants, are likely to fight the case in court, if a quick and reasonable settlement cannot be reached. If the case does go to trial, final resolution of the matter might not be achieved in less than five to seven years, according to one defendant.
HF120 GE Honda Aero Engine
- Engine type: 2-spool turbofan, 1-stage fan, 2-stage compressor, 2-stage turbine
- Take-off thrust: 1,880 lbf
- Bypass ratio: 2.9
- Engine pressure ratio: 24
- Thrust/weight ratio: More than 5
- Maximum diameter: 21.2 inches
- Length**: 44 inches
- Weight: Less than 400 lb
- Noise: Achieves CFR36 stage 4 requirements with substantial margin
- Specific fuel consumption: Less than 0.70 lb/hr/lbf
- Control: Dual-channel FADEC
* Specifications provided by GE-Honda Aero Engines, LLC.
** Length does not include center body.
At the NBAA convention Embraer has unveiled their Legacy 650. The Legacy 650 is a business executive jet. This aircraft can fly 3,900 nmi. further than the Legacy 600 and can carry 2,500 pounds of payload over the same 3,400 nm. range as the 600. It has improved cabin sound comfort, the most comfortable cabin in its class and three spacious cabin zones. It is also the largest baggage compartment in the market. The seats are comfortable and the seats also recline.
Legacy 650 Engine
- • AE 3007A2 – Intelligent Innovation
- • Optimized for the Legacy 650
- • The latest AE 3007 model combines an advanced wide-chord fan with a service-proven
core and updated software that optimizes engine fuel consumption for long range cruise.
- • Higher thrust and lower fuel burn – 9,020 lb ISA, SL, all engines
- • ISA+15ºC Flat Rating
- • More payload and increased range
- • Superior aerodynamic performance and mechanical robustness
- • Proven reliability, performance and safety record
- • Over 35 million flying hours on all AE 3007 models
- • Incorporates the latest Rolls-Royce technology
- • World-class services solutions – CorporateCare®
- • On-condition maintenance
Upcoming new features* on Legacy 650 cockpit:
- • New LCD Displays
- • CCD - Control Cursor Device
- • Coupled VNAV
- • RNP 0.3
- • Charts and maps capability
- • FANS 1/A CPDLC + Datalink Recorder
- • WAAS / LPV
- • XM Weather capability (US only)
- • Honeywell SmartRunawayTM and SmartLandingTM
- • Data loader – DL1000
| || |
|Maximum Zero Fuel||36,156||16,400|
|Usable Fuel (mass)||20,728||9,402|
|Payload Full Fuel||1,715||778|
|Maximum baggage weight *||1,000||454|
Legacy 650 Cost
|Fuel (@ US$ 4.25 /gal) (1)|| ||1,434.67|
|Airframe Maint. Labor (2)|| ||89.93|
|Airframe Maint. Parts (2)|| ||90.04|
|Miscellaneous Expenses (3)|| ||417.79|